Thursday 27 October 2011

Fradley Junction Nature Reserve

We moored at Fradley Junction, beside which is a small nature reserve. It has a very posh hide, but unfortunately, not many birds.....at least whilst I was there anyway!

I wandered around for about an hour and a half & my birdlist consisted of:
Mallard
Great Crested Grebe
Moorhen
Black Headed Gull
Canada Geese
Robin
Wren
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Blackbird
Sparrow Hawk (brief fly past)


Hurtling Moorhen

Canada Goose


Wren

I was surprised to see a Blue Tit disappear into a box which I think is actually a bat box. Normally they like boxes with holes at the front, of which there were quite a few. Maybe they were already taken!


Bad photo of a Blue Tit leaving a bat box

In addition, another shield bug landed on M's hull. This one is a Juniper Shield Bug

Juniper Shield Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment